Fall has come again with its clear blue skies and a chill in the air. Luckily, there are lots of Indianapolis fall date ideas you can take advantage of to enjoy the city and surrounding areas. Some of the best date ideas are listed here for you and categorized by their cost.
1) Take a walk on the Monon Trail. This will give you and your partner a chance to hold hands and talk while enjoying the colorful trees and crisp leaves beneath your feet. If the mood strikes you, stop in at Broad Ripple Ice Cream Station and enjoy ice cream or coffee.
2) Grab a conversation book such as “If” by Evelyn McFarlane and hit the road for a drive around town with your sweetheart to see the foliage or check out a new area of the city.
Cheap Date Ideas
3) Newfields/IMA is a great place to visit year round. It only costs $5 to park and admission is free. If it’s cold, check out current and upcoming exhibitions. If you prefer viewing the natural world up close, take a walk through the 100 Acres and see what it is like in the fall. If you get hungry, the IMA café is excellent and reasonably priced.
4) Bites by Confectioneiress is a coffee and dessert bar in Zionsville. This establishment is currently serving many fall inspired desserts and coffees. Once you have your caffeine and sugar fix, head to Main Street for some window shopping along the cobblestones.
Moderate Date Ideas
5) Spend time on the farm enjoying hayrides, a pumpkin patch, apples and other goodies at Tuttle’s Orchard. Enjoy free samples, fun and games, and many other picturesque moments with your partner.
6) If watching an independent film while sipping a glass of wine sounds appealing, you should visit the Keystone Art Cinema. Matinees are even cheaper and the theater also has great popcorn if you want the traditional experience. After the movie, walk the Fashion Mall and grab a sweet treat at Godiva, or visit Restoration Hardware and pick out items to furnish and decorate your dream house in only gray and brown.
7) If your budget is a bit bigger, go see a Colts game. There are lots of tickets still available this season. Even if you aren’t a sports fan this is a great opportunity for people watching, giving you and your partner lots to talk about.